IR-Multitool™ IR Camera Imaging
CDI Carrier Density Imgaging and LIT Lock-In Thermography
Application Area and Benefits
CDI - Carrier density imaging is a fast, spatially resolved lifetime measurement method. It is based on the principle of emission of infrared radiation by free carriers.
A high speed infrared camera (3-5 μm spectral range) with high resolution is applied for measuring the infrared emission from the sample. This overcomes the necessity of scanning the sample in order to receive laterally resolved information. Measurement times can be cut in this setup from hours to minutes or even seconds.
An additional advantage is the absence of any moving parts which may cause spatial errors or even failures in the measurement. The use of lock-in technique and an appropriate source of homogeneous large area laser beam illumination is essential to receive good results on low quality materials.
DLIT and ILIT - Dark and Illuminated Lock-In Thermography produces spatially resolved images of power losses in solar cells for identifying technological and material quality problems and realistically judging their influence on solar cell performance.
It is well known from simulations that the dark and illuminated current paths in solar cells may differ considerably. Spatially resolved images of power losses in solar cells can be measured under illumination in different modes to show different loss mechanisms:
Voc-ILIT: Material quality in total
Mpp-ILIT: Total power losses
Jsc-ILIT: Contact resistance problems
DLIT: Dark leakage current
Reverse DLIT: Reverse Dark leakage current
CDI Carrier Density Imaging
- For Fast Spatially Resolved Lifetime Measurement of Silicon Wafers
- Non-destructive and contactless measurement
- Fast measurement time down to a few minutes or even seconds
LIT Lock-In Thermography
- for Spatially Resolved Imaging of Solar Cell Power Losses
- Dark and Illuminated Lock-In Thermography
- 4-quadrant power supply
- 4-wire contacting of the solar cell
- fast, high precision IR camera with high resolution , frequency up to 120Hz, 400 Hz as option
- Homogeneous laser beam irradiation (1 Sun) on large area
- Laser proof housing with security locked doors
- Cell size up to 156x156 mm2, Up to 210x210 mm2 as option