SolSim Eco™ Solar Simulator
For Solar Cell IV-Characterization
Application Area and Benefits
The SolSim solar simulator measurement system uses a DC xenon short arc light source with a high stability power supply. Temporal stability, homogeneity of the illuminated area and spectral match of the sun’s spectrum are meeting requirements according to IEC 60904-9.
The 4-quadrant power supply with a range up to 10V/15A allows real Isc conditions. High precision measurement shunts are selected automatically in a custom made shunt box. The voltage, current and monitor cell signals are measured simultaneously by calibrated high precision 16bit digital multimeter.
The temperature controlled (STC) measurement chuck allows 4-point measurement with separate contacts for current and voltage. Vacuum can be applied to four different cell sizes.
The custom made software written in NI LabView allows automated measurement of illuminated and dark IV-curves with automatic calculation of all relevant parameters of the solar cell. The results are stored in raw ascii files or can optionally be transferred into a MySQL database.
- Cost -effective Class AAA DC sun simulator.
- In accordance with IEC 60904-9.
- Steady state measurement.
- Precise adjustment of the mismatch factor.
- Illuminated IV-curve measurement including Voc, Isc, Mpp, FF and efficiency calculation.
- Xe short arc lamp.
- 4-quadrant power supply.
- Measurement chuck for cells sizes up to 70x70mm2, optionally 156x156mm2
- Dark IV-curve measurement including Rs and Rp calculation.
- Monitor cell correction.
- Integration with database data storage.
- Temperature Contol with Peltier Elements.
- Electroluminescence Imaging (EL).