GiMo™ Grating Monochromator SR-EQE
High Resolution Spectral Response Scanning System
Application Area and Benefits
GiMo (Grating Monochromator) is a system for Spectral Response (SR) and External Quantum Efficiency (EQE) measurement of silicon solar cells and III-V solar cells. Up to three different bias light spectra can be applied. Monochromatic light is generated by fully automated scanning double monochromator with up to three gratings, selected for optimum usage with multijunction cells, automated scanning, grating changer and order filter wheel under GPIB control.
GiMo uses a dual bias light source controlled by high stability power source and is equipped with individually selected spectral filters. The latter are selected to fulfil the requirements of measureing individual junctions of dual and triple jungction solar cells.
GiMo comes with a monitor cell assembly including automated cell changer and two monitor cells, covering the full spectral range.
- Characterization of samples from 1x1 mm up to 10x10 mm.
- Wavelength 300-1100 nm (Si solar cells); 290-1850 nm (III-V solar cells).
- Step width down to 1 nm.
- Mismatch factor calculation.
- Small spot monochromatic light for Si and III-V solar cells with high homogeneity.
- Additional monitor cell for IR range up to 1850 nm.
- Measurement of currents with custom designed preamplifiers and two dual phase digital lock-in amplifiers.
- Xe short arc high stability light source.
- Temperature controlled sample stage (STC).
- Light beam chopper with digital control.
- Software for measurement control, data visualization and analyzis.