SolSim™ Solar Simulator
For Solar Cell IV-Characterization
Application Area and Benefits
The SolSim solar simulator measurement system uses a DC xenon short arc light source with a high stability power supply. The light intensity is controlled and stabilized by a photo sensor. Temporal stability, homogeneity of the illuminated area and spectral match of the sun’s spectrum are meeting requirements according to IEC 60904-9.
The 4-quadrant power supply with a range up to 18V/20A allows real Isc conditions. Calibrated high precision measurement shunts are selected automatically in a custom made shunt box. The voltage, current and monitor cell signals are measured simultaneously by calibrated high precision 18bit digital multimeter.
The temperature controlled (STC) measurement chuck allows 4-point measurement with separate contacts for current and voltage. Vacuum can be applied to six different cell sizes.
The custom made software written in NI LabViewTM allows automated measurement of illuminated and dark IV-curves with automatic calculation of all relevant parameters of the solar cell. The results are stored in raw ascii files or can optionally be transferred into a MySQL database.
- Class AAA DC sun simulator.
- In accordance with IEC 60904-9.
- Steady state measurement.
- Precise adjustment of the mismatch factor.
- Illuminated IV-curve measurement including Voc, Isc, Mpp, FF and efficiency calculation.
- Dark IV-curve measurement including Rs and Rp calculation.
- One lamp system: Xe short arc lamp.
- Two lamp system optionally:
Xe short arc lamp for UV-Vis and halogen lamps for IR spectrum.
- 4-quadrant power supply up to 18V/20A.
- Measurement chuck for cells sizes up to 156x156mm2, optionally 210x210mm2..